From left to right, the structures that can be seen surrounding the Water Dome in this image are a portion of the L. A. Raulerson Building, the Esplanade, the Polk County Science Building (dome) and Annie Pfeiffer Chapel. The J. Edgar Wall Water Dome was completed in 1948 and demolished in 1967 to make way for the J. Edgar Wall Plaza which was completed in 1968. The J. Edgar Wall Plaza was demolished in 2006 to make way for the new Water Dome which was based on Frank Lloyd Wright's conception of the original J. Edgar Wall Water Dome. The new Water Dome premiered on the evening of October 25, 2007.
The files in this collection are protected by copyright law. No commercial reproduction or distribution of these files is permitted without the written permission of Florida Southern College Archives. Unfair use of these images is prohibited by the following policy: http://www.flsouthern.edu/library/mckay-archives/mckay-archives-digital-image-service.aspx . For questions or further information on this collection, contact email@example.com .