J. Edgar Wall Plaza (Lakeland, Fla.); J. Edgar Wall Water Dome (Lakeland, Fla.)
The J. Edgar Wall Water Dome was completed in 1948 and demolished in 1967 to make way for the J. Edgar Wall Plaza which was completed in 1968. The J. Edgar Wall Plaza was demolished in 2006 to make way for the new Water Dome which was based on Frank Lloyd Wright's conception of the original J. Edgar Wall Water Dome. The new Water Dome premiered on the evening of October 25, 2007. Structures surrounding the J. Edgar Wall Plaza from left to right in this photograph are the Polk County Science Building, the Esplanade, Annie Pfeiffer Chapel and the Thad Buckner Building (roof with triangles).
The files in this collection are protected by copyright law. No commercial reproduction or distribution of these files is permitted without the written permission of Florida Southern College Archives. Unfair use of these images is prohibited by the following policy: http://www.flsouthern.edu/library/mckay-archives/mckay-archives-digital-image-service.aspx . For questions or further information on this collection, contact firstname.lastname@example.org .